September 21, 2014
I am almost there.
Our little Princess is going to be here before we know it. We are ready.
I am completely ready to be done with this ‘baby carrying’
business. I’m 33 weeks pregnant and
counting down the days. I’m pretty much
uncomfortable in every part of my life.
Sitting is hard, lying down is only slightly better, and sleeping is
unheard of most nights! Plus I never
know where my stomach is anymore. I’m
constantly bumping into things with it and I swear now I just have a permanent
line of water or paint or something across my mid-section. LOL.
Yesterday, we spent several hours making and freeze a ton of meals. We
now have 36 meals in the freezer that we can relay on to make it through the
first couple months after the arrival of Baby V. I just know that I’m not really going to want
to cook after the baby comes and I really don’t want to eat junk food every
night (i.e. Boxed food or take out). So,
I’m very excited to have lots of healthy meals to pull out of the freezer, pop
in the oven or crockpot and enjoy. The
baby continues to move about on the inside.
However, her movements are not as crazy as they were several months
again. Now it’s mostly just arm and leg
movements, no flipping around. Plus you
can just watch her move now, because when she moves around my whole uterus
moves. It’s crazy!
I’m back at
work and it’s pretty exhausted teaching 3-year-olds all day. I’m going to try and stay at work as long as
possible though, so I can have as much time afterwards to spend with the
baby. I now go to bed so early,
typically by 9:00 and still have a hard time getting up at 6 the next
morning. I’m happy that the pregnancy is
finally coming to an end. I’m ready to
have my pre-pregnancy body/life back. I
just want to be able to tie my shoes again and not struggle to just put on
socks. And it would be nice not to
literally roll out of bed in the morning, because I can’t figure out how to sit
up first. LOL. Plus, I’m always short of breath and have
terrible heartburn now. It doesn’t
matter what I eat I still get heartburn.
I just would like to walk up stairs without feeling like I can’t breath. Still waiting for the wonderfulness of
pregnancy to kick in. LOL
Another
pain in the a$$ thing that I’ve been dealing with is figure out this whole maternity
leave. As with everything at DCPS, they
make it super complicated. My leave will
be coming from three different places, so that means three times the paperwork
and each place likes to give me a different answer on what type of leave I need
to take first. Seriously, the paperwork
is about 20 pages long and needs to be filled out perfectly then filed with 4
different organizations – short-term disability, the Washington Teacher Union,
DCPS human resources, and my actual school’s business manager. I don’t understand why I can’t just give it
to my business manager and he takes care of it all. But that would be too easy. Hopefully, I’ll
get it all figured out and in before I go into labor. Well, the next blog could be announcing that
our baby girl has arrived.
No comments:
Post a Comment