Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pregnancy is crazy!

May 18, 2014

It’s been a crazy couple months.  Morning sickness was pretty terrible for much of April and the first week of May.  Although, morning sickness doesn’t fit what I was suffering from, I was sick just about all day.  Not always throwing-up, but nausea all day.  I would feel like I was going to throw-up, but half the time nothing.  I’m thankful that I finally seem to be over that.  Now I’m suffering from a pretty awful head cold, which normally would not be a big deal.  But I can’t take anything for it, so I have to just wait it out.  There are so many crazy things about pregnancy that I never know about.  Like the fact that my gums bleed all the time and brushing my teeth is like a medieval torture.  Or how I can’t seem to get enough fruit or juice.  The juicier fruit the better. LOL.  Or how I can’t stand peanut butter or coffee any more.  For those of you who know me well, you know that this is simply terrible.  Hmm, what else?  I’m tired all the time.  I can sleep for ten hours and still want a nap after being up for a couple hours. 

For awhile, the pregnancy didn’t seem real.  Over the last few weeks, it has become more and more real.  I’m now starting to get anxious and excited to meet this little ‘bean’ that is growing inside of me.  We had another ultrasound, to make sure everything was ok.  It was.  I couldn’t believe it though.  The baby looks like a little person and could move.  I didn’t know that they could move so early.  But it was moving around.  We go in a few weeks to find out if we are having a boy or girl. 


Sara and I continue to gather baby stuff from Freecycle, yard sales, and friends.  We really have collected a lot of stuff, especially baby clothes.  At this point, I can’t even imagine how much money we have saved.   Babies need so much stuff.  It’s crazy how much stuff they require.  Even though we have been collection baby stuff for awhile now, there was still plenty of stuff to add to our baby register.  I’m off to get some much-needed sleep.   

No comments:

Post a Comment